Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Our First Cold Snap

I returned home last night to a dark and quiet house. It was 10 o'clock. I had driven Lou Ann to the Norfolk airport.

She was such a sport to come to the island for my open house. She helped me clean and straighten. She visited with family & friends. She helped me host a house full of folks on Sunday. She laughed and carried on with the rest of us (and was reminded that we Howards can be a bit quirky sometimes, especially when we all get together -- we joked that the island gene pool had been rather limited for quite a few years!).

It was cold this morning so I fired up the Vermont Castings gas log stove. In short order the house was warm & cozy. Unfortunately Lou Ann was back in the midwest. But Amy & Lachlan stopped by after breakfast for a visit. They always help to make my house a home.

My Mantle & Gas Log Stove:



Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the Old August Storm of 1899, published September 15, 2005. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news091505.htm.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment