Sunday, January 29, 2006

Work

Readers of this journal may get the impression that we don't work here on the island. Not true. Of course we work more in the summertime. But even in the off-season we work; it's just that our work schedule is more flexible. I intended to do some office work this afternoon, but almost immediately was called on to fix a plumbing problem in my rental house. So I spent most of the afternoon crouched under a kitchen sink.

I never did get back to the office. By the time I was finished with the plumbing I knew I needed to get ready for the pot luck dinner at my house. By the way, the freshly caught oysters were delicious. We grilled them outside since it was T-shirt weather today. As usual, the pot luck was a big success. Merle asked Gary to bring his essay (follow the link below for more information), so he read it aloud for all of us gathered there.

After dinner several of us biked over to Tom's house for our Sunday evening movie (we wathched "My Cousin Vinny"). I guess I'll do the office work in the morning.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is Gary Mitchell's essay "I Believe in Pot-Lucks," published January 23, 2006. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012306.htm.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment