Saturday, June 10, 2006

Outdoor Shower

One of the best things about island living is the outdoor shower. Ever since I moved into my new/old house just over a year ago I have missed my outdoor shower.

Until a week ago. I designed the shower months before, but neighbor Matt Brown built it only recently.

Nestled among the cedars, yaupons, & oaks in my back yard, it sports a hand-made copper shower head by islander David Foss. We mounted a hinged antique stained glass window on one side to allow a more open view of the surroundings. At night the window is lighted from behind and casts a subtle, colorful glow inside the enclosure.

Last night the almost full moon peeked from behind clouds and danced in the tree branches above my head as I basked in the warm soothing spray of water.

It will be difficult to coax me inside for a shower again!

A View from the Porch Steps:



Yours Truly Enjoying a Morning Shower:



You can read our latest newsletter here. It's the story of the Invasion of Ocracoke & Portsmouth in the War of 1812.
.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:29 AM

    The last week of May we enjoyed a week on the island. Our rental home had one of those wonderful shower heads by David Foss. This one had three "heads" looking like sunflowers. The tri-angle of water spray was great.

    Now, I think you have one of the "fanciest" outdoor showers on the island. Could make a man proud...!

    ReplyDelete