Monday, January 22, 2007

Early Morning Rain

Crystal clear raindrops hung like pearls from the tips of the cedar branches arching over my outdoor shower this morning. For all practical purposes rain had stopped falling, but the ground was saturated, and puddles lay scattered in the lanes and driveways. Billows of steam rose up above my head as the hot water fell to the cold wooden deck of the shower.

It was a great way to start my day. Even though I've come down with another chest cold (my third this winter!) I'm up and about, ready to do some neglected paperwork, run a few errands, then host Amy, David, Lachlan, & neighbor, Jennifer Kidwell, for a lunch of homemade chicken soup.

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter chronicles the story of commercial fishing on Ocracoke, and tells of the efforts of the Ocracoke Working Watermen's Association to save the island's last remeining fish house. Click here to read the entire newsletter....and learn how to make a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment