Saturday, May 26, 2007

Busy Weekend?

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all of our readers! There are a bunch of people on the island, and the weather is just about perfect (cloudless skies and temps in the mid-70s), but we're not too busy (at least not yet). I think most folks have decided to head to the beach (can't blame them for that).

This evening the Ocracoke Fire Department will be hosting a big community event -- Pig Picking, Auction, and Dance. If you are on the island be sure to come out and support the Ocracoke Fire Protection Association. There is sure to be a good time for everyone.

Take a journey back in time with our latest Ocracoke Newsletter. You can capture some of the thrill of riding on the old mailboat Aleta by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. Philip,
    I don't know if you remember me, but I am a friend of Lou Ann's. I used to teach with her. Two years ago I switched schools. I have lost her blog address, but for some reason still had yours. I have started blogging due to the encouragement of some teachers. If you get a chance in your busy schedule, check mine out:www.writeonkathy.blogspot.com. May I post your site on mine? Please tell Lou Ann to contact me when she can. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:40 PM

    Please tell me that the fire dept will be selling those cool t-shirts through the summer. We won't get there til Labor Day, and I usually buy them for every one I know.


    BTW-I just discovered this Blog today and frankly, it's the next best thing to being there. (Okay, in all reality, it doesn't come close, but it's better than nuthin!)

    ReplyDelete