Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dr. Moore

Ocracoke is delighted to have Dr. John Moore back at the clinic. John had served the island several years ago, but left to work on the mainland. In the meanwhile Ocracoke has been served well by Matt, our Physician's Assistant. However, Matt was not able to be here on the island every week. On Matt's "off weeks" residents were sent to Hatteras for medical care. I understand that John and Matt will be alternating weeks at the clinic.

Our family was relieved to know that the clinic was staffed last week when Lachlan tripped on a ramp, and a nail head tore through the skin between the first and second fingers on his right hand. He ended up with three stitches. John said he was a good patient, though Amy & David were troubled to hear his plaintive pleas ("Stop, you're hurting me. You have no reason to hurt me like this.")

The wound is healing well. I suppose it's only a matter of time before any little boy ends up with a major cut, scrape, or break. Thanks to all those at our clinic who serve residents and visitors year 'round!

This month's newsletter discusses the planned replacement of the seven bridges on Ocracoke Island in early 2008, and explains some of the issues we will face. You can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to have stumbled onto your blog while trying to prove that in NC, nutria are known as "Russian Rats". If land were human, Hatteras and Ocracoke would be my soulmates. Someday I will find a way to live there. The way I feel about the Banks is hard to put into words. Anyway, i will be reading your blog daily now! If you look at my posts from April, you see a few photos from my most recent trip to Avon. Thanks for your blog :)

    ReplyDelete