Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Beautiful Day

Weekends are transition days on Ocracoke. Most cottages rent from Saturday to Saturday, or Sunday to Sunday, so the island is quieter on the weekends. It's a pity, since the weather is so nice today -- the perfect beach day. I haven't been yet. This morning was my time to straighten the house and do some house cleaning (the grandchildren went back to the mountains early this morning -- we had a grand time). I also watered the new front yard garden, helped David cut some lumber, did the laundry, and worked on a few stories. I believe I'll putz around the house a bit more, maybe take an afternoon nap, and then head for the beach later in the afternoon when it's not so hot.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter has information about the new island Folk School. Click here to read about this new venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment