Thursday, July 19, 2007

Birds

This morning, in my outdoor shower, I was serenaded by several birds in the trees nearby. I never did catch sight of them, although they kept me company through most of my shower.

I was reminded of the customer who asked Lou Ann several days ago if we sold "bird machines" at Village Craftsmen. Lou Ann, of course, didn't know what a bird machine was. The customer explained that his neighbors near their rental cottage had one, since he heard it playing every morning. Lou Ann gently suggested that maybe it was real birds he was hearing. He'd never thought of that!

So I stepped inside the house after my shower and informed Lou Ann that one of our neighbors now had a bird machine, too. If you live on the island or are planning a visit, maybe you'll be lucky enough that one of your neighbors has a bird machine also.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter has information about the new island Folk School. Click here to read about this new venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment