Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dallie, Jude, and I wish all of our readers a very happy Thanksgiving. We will be closed on Thursday so we can enjoy our turkey dinners with family and friends. My brother arrives on the island tonight, but I need to be gone much of tomorrow (I've got an appointment with my eye doctor in Elizabeth City). I'm sure he'll be able to entertain himself.

Since I won't be on the island tomorrow, and we'll be closed on Thanksgiving Day, this will be the last post for a couple of days.

Coincidentally, Thanksgiving Day this year is on November 22, the anniversary of the capture and killing of Blackbeard the pirate right here in Ocracoke waters in 1718.

Don't eat too much turkey or dessert!

Our latest Newsletter is an article about Blackbeard the pirate and new research that suggests he may have been born in eastern North Carolina. You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment