Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Kite

Lachlan wants me to make him a kite! I can't do it today, because I'm working, but I think it's a grand idea. Of course I could go down to Kitty Hawk Kites and buy him a plastic kite. It would be colorful and maybe even exotic. But how much more fun it would be to cut two sticks, tie them together with string to make a cross, and paste paper over them. We could cut up an old bed sheet (maybe a colorful one) and make a tail. Then we could head out to the beach and watch her fly!

Today would have been a good day to fly a kite, at least in the morning. The wind was blowing about 25 mph (maybe it would have even been too windy!). But now it's raining and the temperature is dropping.

I'll get the materials together, and maybe we can make our kite this weekend. If you see a paper diamond-shaped kite in the air out at the beach look for Lachlan and me. We might even let you fly it for a bit.

Our latest Newsletter is an article about Blackbeard the pirate and new research that suggests he may have been born in eastern North Carolina. You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment