Thursday, May 29, 2008

Wednesday

I had a dental appointment yesterday. When I asked Amy which ferry she thought I should take to get to the dentist at 10:30 David piped in with "the tooth ferry!"

After the dentist (it was a routine appointment, though I need to go back next week for a crown) I had lunch in Manteo with a friend, then visited Manteo Booksellers (a must stop if you are a book lover and will be visiting Manteo) and, later, the Christmas Shop (last year this iconic Outer Banks business had ongoing sales, liquidated all of their merchandise, displays, and office equipment, and "closed forever." Now they've re-opened again!). Other errands took me "up the beach" for gardening & office supplies, then to a cafe for supper. I left Nags Head at 6:30 and arrived in Hatteras village about 8:00, where I joined friends in a rental cottage for a few hours of low stakes poker. Caught the midnight boat back to Ocracoke, and collapsed in bed at 1 am. It was a long day.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the brave and courageous members of the US Life Saving Service. You can read it here.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:51 PM

    I heard the poker game was going to happen... I'm sure Jerry loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:35 AM

    Manteo Booksellers is great. The newest mascot is adorable also. His name is Luke. I miss Stunt. May she rest in Kitty Heaven. I can't wait to revisit the Christmas Shop. I have been having updates from Edward. It is nice to hear from OBX folks. Makes me feel a bit closer to Ocracoke when I'm home. Enjoyed Ali's write up also. Thanks, Terrie @ Walkertown NC

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tooth ferry! I love David for that one. It reminds me of the only joke I know. I heard it on Seasame Street many, many years ago.

    How do you know when it is time to go to the dentist?

    2:30! Tooth hurty! Hahahahahaha. I make ALL my dentist appointments for tooth hurty. I never forget what time to be there.

    Love to Ocracoke, Amy

    ReplyDelete