Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Winter "Vacation"

I may not be basking in the sun on some tropical isle, but the views around this small Midwestern town are Norman Rockwell beautiful.

Lou Ann snapped this photo when I took a break from shoveling her walkway (Mostly I don't use a shovel. At the first sign of snowflakes I get in my car, drive to the nearest store and buy a case of Miller Lite. Then I carry it to the neighbor next door. He has a snow blower!).



This is the monument in the center of town:



And this is a view of Lou Ann's side yard:



(Lou Ann took all of the photos. Click on any one to view a larger image.)

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter tells the story of Ocracoker, Kelly O'Neal, and the 1951 revolution in Siam (Thailand). You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012910.htm

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:21 PM

    I live in the southern-most tip of southwestern Indiana. Down here, we're usually fortunate enough to not get the snowfall the rest of the state typically sees ... but we also don't have the ocean views of a quaint island village. My body is in Indiana ... but my heart is in Ocracoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:29 PM

    What beautiful pictures..It would be nice to have some of that snow here in VT. I presently have brown grass staring at me in my yard..Enjoy the winter weather!!

    ReplyDelete