Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Busy Week

This is going to be a busy (but wonderful) week for me. Lou Ann arrived late last night. Amy brought her down (she had flown into Norfolk). Lou Ann's mother, Phyllis, came too. This is her very first visit to Ocracoke. They just made the 10 pm ferry...with only seconds to spare. This morning we drove out to the Pony Pen beach, walked north to the exposed shipwreck (the George W. Wells??), then stopped for a quick dip in the ocean. The water feels chilly at first, but after diving in it is so extraordinarily refreshing! And it's so nice to have Lou Ann back on the island.

Friends from the Midwest arrive on Thursday, then my brother Buddy and his fiancee Jamie will be here on Friday. Buddy & Jamie will be married on my front porch Saturday afternoon. Did I mention that it will be a busy week?

I'll do my best to post on this blog regularly, but if I miss a day or two I hope you'll understand.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is another tribute to the memory of islander and independent spirit Don Wood. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news062110.htm.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:29 PM

    I have my own blog, and have a hard time keeping it updated with fresh information. You do exceedingly better than most in keeping your blog updated! We´ll excuse you this time if you miss a few days...hehe!

    Enjoy your time with Lou Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:49 PM

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pictures of the wedding. I saw your home last summer and it's the perfect place for a wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:42 AM

    How long has that shipwreck been exposed? Would it be safe to assume a hurricane uncovered it, or just time and "generic" storms?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Yes, sir. That certainly sounds like a busy week. Enjoy the company, enjoy the wedding, and we will surely excuse you if you miss a few days on the blog. I think we will all be anxiously waiting to hear all about the excitement! Best wishes to your brother and his soon to be wife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Now that Lou Ann is back maybe she will upload lots of photos to your blog, hers or both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:10 AM

    Philip,

    I second the request for pizer wedding photos. Your home presents such a picturesque setting for a one-of-a-kind wedding. If you and your immediate family are willing, I'm sure there are many out here among your extended virtual family who would love see a few snapshots from what's sure to be a memorable occasion. Best to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wedding photos? Maybe. See Friday's blog (June 25) for more discussion.

    ReplyDelete