Friday, September 26, 2014

A Golden Evening

Two days ago I posted on our Facebook page a photo of a beautiful rainbow that appeared just as I was walking out of my house. Shortly before that I had noticed, as I looked from my porch, a gorgeous golden hue in the western sky. It was so striking that I grabbed my camera and took this picture:














In spite of all the rain we've had recently, this is still an outstanding autumn!

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is about the Unionist North Carolina State Government established at Hatteras in 1861. You can read all about it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news092114.htm

2 comments:

  1. I came across your blog while looking for ancestral information. If you have any info about the crew aboard the john evangelist in 1590, I would be very interested to hear it. I am from the david o'neal/ morning dew line. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably don't have more information than you already know, but if you send me an email telling me what information you already have (and your line from David O'Neal), I will let you know if I have anything additional. Send the email to info@villagecraftsmen.com, and put "For Philip" in the subject line.

      Delete